Joined: 03 Apr 2005
|Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:23 pm Post subject: Full-Time Echo Tech Position at Rouge Valley Health Sys, GTA
|THE BEST AT WHAT WE DO.
Rouge Valley Health System is an innovative leader committed to delivering the best patient/family experience in its two hospital sites- RV Centenary, in Scarborough, and RV Ajax and Pickering, in Ajax.
Focused on improving the health of our community, we are committed to learning, innovation and providing the best patient care experience for our patients and their families.
Join our team as we meet the needs of our growing communities.
Centenary Site- Full Time
REFERENCE NUMBER: ECHO.CSE
Reporting to Manager of Cardiac Diagnostics, the successful candidate will be responsible for assessing, planning implementation and evaluating patient care and practice activities in a multidisciplinary family centred care environment. Responsibilities will be cardiac imaging, transthorasic echo, stress-echo, transesophageal echo, equipment maintenance and sanitization, documentation, and other duties as relevant.
• Successful completion of recognized Echocardiography course with recognized clinical placement
• A.R.M.D.S. required
• Ability to acquire excellent images for 2D and Echo Doppler, and to assist with TEE
• Experience with Dobutamine and Stress Echo an asset
• Current BCLS certification
• Demonstrated computer data entry skills for Hospital Information system
• Ability to function effectively in an organized manner, using self-direction to prioritize workload and meet deadlines
• Minimum 1-year experience, or equivalent, in a health care setting working with in and outpatient clientele
• Excellent communication (oral, written, telephone) and interpersonal skills with a well-developed customer service focus; dealing effectively with internal customers, physicians, and the community
• Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment
• Registered Nurse background a definite asset
• Demonstrated pattern of good attendance
• Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to Rouge Valley's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff safety, patient safety, environmental safety and participates in regular in-service education in this area.
• Demonstrates a commitment to customer service when dealing with patients, colleagues, volunteers and other members of the community and public.
Corporate Recruitment Associate
Rouge Valley Health Sysytem
416-284-8131 x 4001